Coalition for Inclusive Capitalism Fall 2018 Internship Opportunity
We are looking for a graduate student for the position of “Research Intern” to support the Director of Thought Leadership and Thought Leadership Managers in New York City. The position can be full- or part-time with some scheduling flexibility. It is expected to commence in September 2018 and end in December 2018. The option to extend is also possible for interested candidates.
For a candidate with vision, drive, and talent, this is an opportunity to play a part in a growing and dynamic organization influencing positive global change. This position includes interaction with globally renowned leaders from global financial institutions, corporations, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, universities, think tanks and foundations.
The intern is primarily responsible for:
- Assisting with developing on-going content for the Coalition’s agenda and events
- Writing and drafting briefing materials, articles, and memos on Inclusive Capitalism related topics
- Conducting the necessary desk research to ensure the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the information in associated published reports as well as monitoring the press and social media for associated articles
- Assisting with composition of marketing communications including invitations for events, Coalition mailings, and social media
Candidates should have:
- Passion and enthusiasm for the values that align our ambitious mission and vision
- Work experience (including internships) such as research, management consulting, investing or at an institution involved in economics, investment policy, or corporate governance
- Course work in business; corporate social responsibility, impact investing, international development etc. preferred
- High level of attention to detail and capacity to make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Writing, editing, and author management skills
- Extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve
- Good general understanding and passion for international business and financial market issues
- An ability to work independently and an attitude of “no job is too small”
- Fluent written and spoken English
- United States work authorization
Please send CV, cover letter, and writing sample (no longer than two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CIC Fall 2018 Internship/Volunteer Opportunity” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.