We are looking for a graduate student for the position of “Thought Leadership Intern” to support the Director of Thought Leadership and Thought Leadership Manager in NYC. Candidates must be a current student with preference for students earning academic credit from this position. The position is expected to be full-time with some scheduling flexibility. It is expected to commence in early July and end in late August or early September 2017.
For a candidate with vision, drive, and talent, this is an opportunity to play a part in a growing and dynamic organization influencing positive global change. This position includes interaction with globally renowned leaders from global financial institutions, corporations, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, universities, think tanks and foundations.
The intern is primarily responsible for:
- Assisting with developing on-going content for the Coalition’s agenda and events.
- Writing and drafting articles, reports, and policy memos on Inclusive Capitalism
- Conducting the necessary desk research to ensure the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the information in associated published reports as well as monitoring the press and social media for associated articles
- Assisting with composition of marketing collateral including invitations for events, Coalition mailings, and social media
- Lots of writing!
Candidates should have:
- Passion and enthusiasm for the values that align our ambitious mission and vision
- Work experience (including internships) such as management consulting, investing or at an institution involved in economics, investment policy, or corporate governance
- Course work in business, CSR, international development etc. preferred
- Attention to detail and capacity to make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Writing, editing, and author management skills
- Extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve
- Good general understanding and passion for international business issues
- An ability to work independently and an attitude of “no job is too small”
- Fluent written and spoken English
- United States work authorization
Please send CV, cover letter, and writing sample (no longer than two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship – CIC” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.